Thursday, December 23, 2010

As we get closer and closer to the actual day of Christmas, it is funny, as it seems as though
we wait 365 days for the holidays and all that they bring, to come back again.

Now that they are here, the holidays, and everyone seems to be heading somewhere, there is
the possibility of people feeling left out, as some people really have no where to go.

I am not attempting to write about something sad, but just trying to point out that I noticed not
everyone is in the holiday spirit. To me, one of the great things about the holidays, is that it tends to sometimes, at lease, demonstrate a superior commitment by some to do good for others
by donating, or by giving toys, or by even being more polite.

I truly wish people were more polite and not as rude as they are, especially in traffic. To me, driving has become the most selfish act people demonstrate as, as long as their needs are met,
they do not care if they cut you off, make you late or never let you in......I wish I understood this
behavior, but I really believe that for whatever reason, driving has become the epitome of selfishness and rude behavior. People are simply rude and I just wish, this were not the case,
especially during this holiday period.

At the same time, we participated in the CMSA toy drive for sick children, out of the Los Angeles Children's Hospital, and I am proud to say that we gave the most gifts of any moving or transportation firm in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. We donated boxes for multiple food drives and we did a few simple acts of kindness for a few customers who were in need. I only wish we could do more--and we will.

I just want to say to all, peace for you and your loved ones, health to those you love and if you
can, remember those who for whatever reason, the joys of the season are not with them.
we have a 20 year employee who is about to lose his mother. She has fought a long courageous
battle with the terrible disease of cancer, and she is not at home, in a hospice situation. It is hard for me to not be able to help him, as he is there and am 1000 miles away, but I swear my heart and soul are with them and I ask all of you to say a prayer for him and his family and his mother.
I do know he will hear it and feel the love.

We are also, in the Box Brothers family, having to go through this holiday season without one of our beloved long term managers, Jim, who passed away during the past year, and many of us miss him very much, especially during these holidays. He was such a character and always the life of the party. All I can say is that it was a true blessing to even know him.

So I ask that we all have a great celebration and at the same time, give thanks for what we do have and that we ask that the coming year is a blessed year for everyone in this beloved Box Brothers family. We have much to be thankful for and much more to do in the future, and we will, as we are one of the best families I have ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment