Friday, February 25, 2011

Its Snowing.......but this is California....

Well, here I am at our Oakland, California warehouse, and the weather forecasters are predicting snow at sea level, here in the bay area, between late tonight and noon tomorrow.
http://www.boxbros.com/oakland-california
I used to live in the Berkeley area, when I attended school there, back in the late 1970's.....and I recall a lot of different and unusual things about my time in the bay area, but never was there snow unless we drove to Lake Tahoe......

I had the opportunity to do quite a few things during this trip. I attended my first North Bay
CMSA Chapter meeting, which had, as its guest speaker, one of the heads of the Google Ad Program for Moving spoke and it was quite informative, and I even got a free Google Pen.
Ask me, I think it is the most expensive pen I did not directly pay for, but that is a whole other story, for another time.....

I got to also got to break some bread with our entire crew, last night. It was a chance for me
to reconnect with our staff up here, from Kiyoshi Foster who runs our San Francisco location, http://www.boxbros.com/bay-area-california
to Sharie Michalec and her family, as well as Ganzo and his family, too. Dan and his fiance, Carrie and our top comedian and musician extraordinaire, Bill Carter, kept everyone in stitches.

Today I am going to visit our San Francisco location and do so before the snow arrives.....and tonight, I am blessed to be attending a play that my niece has the lead in, up in Martinez. Nothing like a full agenda.

I just wanted to say that we have a great crew up here with so much to look forward to, and I want them all to know that I appreciate their fine work, commitment to customer service, but most of all, that we are one great team and family, all rolled into one-committed to giving our customers the best possible service in the whole wide world.

Three more days till March.......get ready....

No comments:

Post a Comment