Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Box Bros Feast... Eat it while it's hot!!!!!

I must apologize for not blogging last week... I'm sure everybody noticed..... I would like to thank Bill Carter and Ganzo once again.... They have a daunting task this week and for the next 30 days.... One of our larger accounts "Bonhams and Butterfields" had one of the their largest sales in current history..... They auctioned off a lot of everything like: Fine China, China Hutches, Tables, Chairs, Chandeliers, Marble Statues, Bedroom Furniture, and pretty much anything you can think of.... It was my first time viewing a auction behind the scenes and found it very interesting..... Most items were being auctioned off really quick without a lot of people bidding on one particular item.... However; there was a very small Vase with flowers and sort of normal looking to the average eye.... It was listed in the catalogue for an estimated value of $2,000.00 to $3,000.00.... The bidding started at $1,200.00 then went to $1,300.00 and so on.... Once the item got to $5,000.00 it started jumping to $6,000.00-$7,000.00-$8,000.00 so forth and so on...... I think everybody in the room was just amazed to watch these two phone bidders not stopping anytime soon.... It didn't stop until the hammer price was at $23,000.00...... I found myself thinking that when we go to pack and ship it, that we would most definitely protect it beyond a normal small vase pack job... This item will require a special box plus be put into a wooden crate for its safety..... Other then that Bill and Ganzo has their hands full for the next month...... I wish I could double the staff there for 2 weeks, but in this economy it is feast or famine each and every month..... This month I will say it's time for a feast.............

No comments:

Post a Comment