Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tales of a Traveling Saleman.....

As I spend most of my working hours in vehicle, my days are usually fulfilled with meeting new and interesting people..... Now that I am running around a larger area then before, it takes a lot to keep up with the places I have been... Yesterday was a great day in So. California marketing those that have not been contacted in over two years.... I'm hoping to bring back what we once had in So. California.... That is an over abundance of small shipments needing to be handled.... We used to get tons of leads by just stopping by and handing out cards and treats.... Now it seems all these places get bombarded by other companies like Box Brothers..... I guess what I'm trying to say is that we "more then ever" have to pull together as a team and work every angle to make sure we stay at the top of the food chain.... Our managers have to help by knowing what others are trying to sell... It seems as though we should try and have a meeting among the managers so everybody is on the same page.... We are all in this for the same reasons.... Making an honest living and hoping we advance in a company that we believe in.... I must say that Mark and Goody are two of the nicest owners an employee could ask for.... There isn't anything Mark and Goody wouldn't do to make sure their employees are happy.... It's just business comes first.... That's all.... We chose to work for this firm and that's all it is.... A choice... We do not have to work for this company but I choose to do so..... I have chosen that path for the last 19 years.... Jorgan knows what I said the first days on the job.... I told him I'm gonna work 2 weeks till I find another job.... Well I guess Mark worked me for a month and a half straight before I had a day off.... That was at the time every location was open 7 days a week.... Times have changed and so have I..... Raising a family and traveling 3-4 days a week..... I hope we can all come together in order to service our industry to the fullest........ How will anybody know if we never talk about what each and every managers duties are.... I just wish there was a way to communicate on a grand scale, like this Blogging crap.... If everybody opens it in the morning "before opening facebook or your email" you might be inspired to contribute a little more.... I don't even do it enough and guilty of it as well..... This Blogging could be used to help everybody understand exactly what I do for the company, what Mark does, what Goody does, what Charles does, what Brian does, what Bill does, what Shera does, what Olivia does, what Ganzo does, Kiyoshi does, what Ray does, what Jorgan does, what Chris G does, what Paul does, what Eric does, what Mar does, what Ceasar does, what Marianna does, what Jacob does, what Cowboy does, what Barry does, what Polin does, what Daniel does, and even the new guys that come aboard do......... If I left anybody out, that is my point... We need to come together and Blog together then we will all know who is doing what and where.............

1 comment:

  1. I could not have said it any better myself . Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete